This update concerns the domain on which Qualifio campaigns should run and is aimed at account Admins.
STEP 2 MOMENTARILY SUSPENDED
For security reasons, all of your Qualifio campaigns will soon have to run on the domain that you have indicated in the 'Websites Management' module. This change is mandatory for all Qualifio accounts and will be applied gradually over the next few months.
Concretely, it means that your campaigns won't run on player.qualifio.com anymore; "but what domain will they run on then?", you ask. There are two possibilities:
- If you don't have a custom, dedicated (sub)domain, by default campaigns will run on nameofyouraccount.qualifioapp.com. It isn't a white label subdomain. However, if you're happy with it, you don't have to do anything. Your campaigns will keep running normally on this subdomain.
- If you have indicated a custom, dedicated (sub)domain in the 'Websites management' module, such as quizonyourdomain.com or interact.yourdomain.com, then your campaigns should run on this one. It is "better" because it goes one step further in terms of offering them a 100% white label solution :-)
What is expected from you
As an account Admin, you are the person responsible for this operation.
As mentioned above, if you don't have a custom (sub)domain and if running your campaigns on the automatically created subdomain nameofyouraccount.qualifioapp.com works for you, then you don't have to do anything.
However, if you don't want to have your campaigns running on that subdomain, or if you do have a custom dedicated (sub)domain specified in the 'Websites management' module, then you will have to work a little bit in order to make sure that all of your campaigns run on that one.
As part of this operation, you now have access to a dedicated page listing all the campaigns in your account that currently do not run on your domain (i.e. the campaigns that still run on player.qualifio.com when the expected domain is quizonyourdomain.com or the like). The page also provides the total number of page views of each campaign in the last three days.
You can find this dedicated page under Settings > Domains concordance
Concretely, here's what you need to do:
- Correctly set up your chosen domain or subdomain in the "Websites Management" module. We recommend making sure you're good with it and that it won't change anytime soon;
- Retrieve each of the campaigns shown on the 'Domains concordance' page in your account (shown above);
- Go to the 'Channels' step and make sure the right publication website is selected;
- Replace the integration code of each campaign with the new one provided by Qualifio. You will find it by clicking on that button:
Tip: If the URL of the campaign is provided in the 'Channels' step, you can also directly view your campaign by clicking the eye on the right side of the table.
When is it due?
The change will be implemented gradually over the next few months, so you have time to update your campaigns. Here are the milestones:
- As from September 3rd, 2018, all newly created campaigns will have to run on the domain that is listed in the 'Website Management' module;
- As from October 1st, 2018, all campaigns will have to run on the domain that is listed in the 'Website Management' module OR on player.qualifio.com OR on nameofyouraccount.qualifioapp.com;
- As from December 3rd, 2018, all campaigns will HAVE to run under the domain that is listed in the 'Website Management' module.
Warning! Campaigns that do not respect the guidelines from the dates aforementioned won't display anymore and will be replaced by the following screen:
To make sure you do not miss a deadline, subscribe to our newsletter.
What about my XML feed? If you are using the XML feed, you are probably rebuilding the integration tag of the campaigns. It is thus even more crucial that you make this change!
What about my CNAME? The fact that it redirects to player.qualifio.com doesn't impact the validity of your CNAME. You don't have to change anything about it.
Please note that, for the same security reasons, all http campaigns will be forced to https where SSL support is activated. This does not change the way your campaigns will be published and running. You do not have to do anything about it.
We highly recommend to put all your campaigns in https anyway as this becomes a real standard!
You can check whether SSL support is activated for each of your websites under Settings > Websites Management: