In this post, we’ll explore the different ways you can publish or promote your contests and interactive campaigns on Instagram.
1. Advertising on Instagram
With this method, you pay to post sponsored content on the Instagram platform. It allows you to reach a larger and more targeted audience and grow your brand exposure.
- Create your campaign in Qualifio
- Navigate to Facebook’s Ad Manager (or simply follow this link)
- Set your marketing objective and configure your target audience
- Choose your placements: you can specify Instagram as a placement, as well as if you’d like your ads to appear in the feed and/or the stories section of the platform
- Set your budget and ad schedule
- Create your Instagram Ad and make sure you use the “Webview” link to your Qualifio campaign
It’s really that simple! (But if you want to dive in the details, you can read more on Facebook Business’ Advertiser Help.)
2. Instagram Stories (organic)
Clickable stories links are only available to verified accounts and business profiles (not personal profiles) that have over 10,000 followers on Instagram.
- If you meet the criteria, adding a link to your Instagram story is easy: start your story, then click on the chain link icon at the top of your story. A new window will appear on your screen, allowing you to input the link of your choice (Qualifio users, this is where you should paste the Webview link to your campaign). You can then continue to edit your story and upload it to your profile. When people on Instagram view one of your story posts that includes a link, they’ll see the ‘See More’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- If you don’t meet the criteria above, you should go back to method 1.
3. The 'link in bio' method (free)
Instagram’s app doesn’t allow you to place clickable links anywhere except in your bio, which has been a great source of frustration for marketers like you and me. However, if you wish to direct your existing Instagram followers to your campaign, including a shortened link in your bio is a free method that can help you generate more traffic.
Ready to run an interactive campaign on Instagram?
Now that you know of all the possibilities to promote your interactive campaigns through engaging Instagram content, go put your knowledge to work! Just don’t forget to take a look at Instagram’s rules and guidelines regarding promotions first.