Besides publishing your campaigns to youraccount.qualifioapp.com, you can also publish your campaigns to your own custom subdomain (e.g. interact.yourdomain.com) or your own custom domain.
Learn more about: Setting a domain as your Qualifio website.
Before getting started
Before getting started with this tutorial, make sure you own the subdomain name you want to use in Qualifio.
You can create a new subdomain using a domain name you already own via your provider.
You can point your custom subdomain to Qualifio and publish your campaigns to it in four steps:
- Adding a CNAME record (at your provider)
- Adding the custom subdomain to Qualifio
- Managing SSL
- Creating a Facebook App
Step 1. Adding a CNAME record
To use a new subdomain, you have to add a CNAME record pointing to Qualifio.
- Add a CNAME record at your provider
- Set your subdomain to point to player.qualifioapp.com
If you are unsure how to do this, we recommend contacting your domain registrar for assistance.
Step 2. Adding the custom subdomain as a Qualifio website
If you want to add your custom subdomain to your Qualifio account, there are a few steps you need to follow:
First, you need to contact your Qualifio Expert or our Helpdesk to have your custom subdomain made available in your account's websites.
In Qualifio, 'websites' are managed under Settings → Websites.
A Qualifio 'website' such as interact.yourdomain.com means:
- Your minisite campaigns will have an URL that will start with interact.yourdomain.com.
- Your iframe campaigns will also have interact.yourdomain.com as their origin domain.
- Any tracking you set up in your campaigns will also refer to interact.yourdomain.com.
- You can limit a search to a specific website (e.g. to search campaigns).
- You can restrict users to certain websites.
Then, go to your Qualifio account. Open the Settings from the main navigation bar (the gear icon) and go to Websites. At the bottom of the list, you should see an Add a new website button, click it.
If you simply want to manage one of your subdomains, click the 🌐 web icon.
- Enter the name you want in Website name.
- Enter your company name.
- Select your country and time zone.
Find the subdomain you just created and select it from the drop-down next to Domain.
Step 3. Managing SSL
SSL is enabled by default for new subdomains.
In Force HTTPS, select Yes or No.
- If your site uses HTTPS protocol and you want all your campaigns to do the same, select Yes.
- If your site uses HTTP, select No.
Step 4. Create your Facebook App
Each time you create a custom subdomain, you will need to create a Facebook App specifically for it. Read this guide for the detailed steps. This operation only takes a few minutes.
The final step is to simply publish your campaign to your newly created site. You should see it in the drop-down menu of your campaign's Channels step:
You can publish as many campaigns as you want on a specific subdomain.