What is a soft gate ?
A soft gate is a customizable box displayed on top of the first screen of your campaign. It invites participants to like a specific Facebook page or Twitter account before entering a campaign.
It can be activated in tab "1. <Publication Channel” simply check ''activate a soft gate.
The soft gate can be used in any contest on any publication channel and works on mobile devices. However - in order inter alia to respect Facebook rules - you can’t force participants to like your Facebook page or Twitter account.
For example : you can invite participants to like your Facebook page or Twitter account from a contest on your website. But participants can skip this step and access your campaign without clicking on the "like" of "follow" button.
Warning: Your Soft Gate won't work if you have age and geo restrictions on your Facebook page. More info : http://blog.qualifio.com/fr/facebook-plugin-page-attention-aux-changements/
How to set up your soft gate ?
Go to the step "publication channel" of your campaign click on ''activate a soft gate''.
- Set your soft gate : Activate Twitter And/or Facebook
For Facebook : The URL of your page.
Example : http://www.facebook.com/Qualifio
For twitter : the name of the account (without « @ »)
Example : Qualifio
- Type title for the soft gate pop-upType a description for this pop-up.
- Insert a description for this pop-up
- Enter a label for the closing button. This button allows participants to access your campaign without liking your page. An ”exit" button is also available in the top right hand.
- Choose a background image. This is optional : if you do not enter a background image, the welcome screen will appear blurred in background.